View Single Post
Old 04-28-12, 03:29 AM   #112
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
There's a fundamental flaw in their business model. It's clear that they and many other developers are targeting the casual gamer and the kiddies. The flaw is these people are not brand loyal - they will switch to the next big thing in a heart beat. All they (upper management) see is short term profits. Short term profits do not sustain a business. If they were to target the brand loyal consumers and actually develop something real that was fully tested and worked as delivered and charged a premium price for it they would get repeat customers. Repeat customers sustain a business. I would gladly pay $100 for a sub sim that was near perfect as delivered AND was an actual sim and not an arcade game.

But sadly this will probably never happen. The Gen X and Gen Y kiddies are the instant gratification generation and they want everything now. The developers are tailoring to them and forgetting about everyone else because that's where the short term profits are
Great way to put it TDW, hell, I AM from those generations, and I think the overall instant gratification move is sad.