View Single Post
Old 04-27-12, 04:41 PM   #99
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by elanaiba View Post
Being inside of Ubi I knew that I couldn't pull anything to fix SH5...

After all, I did try to get the "always-on DRM" out of SH5 every month after release and never achieved anything.
This is the root of the ire many people have with Ubi, now. As you were the head of the development team responsible for SH3, 4 and 5, if you could not convince the executives to allow you and your team to make the changes that would make the Subsim crowd happy, it simply proves that the executives of Ubisoft do not care about the hardcore sim players.

I cannot hold that against you and your (former) team. The people in the corporate offices are responsible for this. I personally see SHO as a poor attempt to cash in on the MMO craze. The execs at Ubisoft refuse to see that the hardcore subsim player is what makes the Silent Hunter franchise work. Ubi execs have sent all the signals that they want a MMO that will make money with zero effort.

The reaction would not have been so bad had it not been so blatant that the executives dropped support for SH5 like a ton of bricks. Ubisoft executives have repeatedly proven that they do not care about the gamers that have made this franchise as successful as it was. I see no reason to put any faith in them now with this new project simply because I must rely on the mod community to fix the Silent Hunter 5.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote