View Single Post
Old 04-27-12, 03:18 PM   #91
elanaiba
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 3

Mihai Maerean left Ubi a bit before I did. He's now working for Adobe in Romania, happily I presume

I can't get mad at TDW after all the good bits he's done for SH and by extension for me and Ubi. I'm happy I left Ubi, partly because of the debacle of the SH series.

I consider myself an example of integrity but who knows, maybe I need to look at things in a different perspective. To get anything done in a company it seems you need to make some compromises, at least in Ro.

Being inside of Ubi I knew that I couldn't pull anything to fix SH5 so I perceived SHO as a new plate, esp. from a new team that had nothing to do with the issues of SH3/4/5 which are caused by us in Ubi Ro. Maybe they could do it right?

After all, I did try to get the "always-on DRM" out of SH5 every month after release and never achieved anything.

Anyway, can't stay and chat longer, my kid is getting baptized tomorrow and still have some stuff to fix for that.

Think of SHO as a standalone project centered on MP interaction. Try it if you will, could be interesting but I have to see it. I don't think you'll get anyone to give you the code for SH3/4/5 in an official form or even do another patch for those.

elanaiba is offline   Reply With Quote