View Single Post
Old 03-28-12, 08:03 AM   #1528
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

So I finished the MQ with my current character, finished Thieves Guild (except for taking the approx 1 gazillion additional side jobs that will apparently fill out the shelves behind my desk with the remaining trophies of our new ascendancy, which, I dunno, it irritates me when Delvin and Vex greet me as Glorious Leader and then get a big ugly 'tude when I walk away without asking for work, I'm the boss now, I should be telling them what to do, ya dig, so I may not go back there... I already dumped a bunch of gold in all the communal chests so I figure I've done my part) and I'm up to the place in the DB storyline where I need to start working on the whole thing about impersonating the Gourmet.

Anyway what that means is that I've got Shadowmere now, and I was expecting that if I got off of him he would just walk along behind me like another follower, but... he doesn't. Is that how it works? He's just gonna stay where he is unless I'm actually riding him? Bummer. I thought he would be more useful than a regular horse in that sense, and I don't really want to ride everywhere. Altho I will say that getting off of him on the way back from Dawnstar and then watching while he killed both the ice wraith and the spider that were waiting on the side of the road up ahead was pretty cool.

Got him parked down at the Whiterun stables at the moment, I don't know what else to do with him if I have to ride him to take him anywhere.

I guess I will finish out the DB stuff and then maybe follow up on my plan to join the Legion this time around. To make it more interesting (I'm at level 50+ now with pretty awesome armor/weapons, so... yeah) I may decide to play through the CW storyline wearing whatever stuff the Legion sees fit to give me, improved and probably enchanted of course but still... definitely gonna be a step down from the Nightingale and Dragonscale I've been using.

It's kind of a lose-lose with the MQ, once I finish it everything that comes after it feels anticlimactic - haven't even loaded the game since this weekend, so my character's still sleeping off the post-Sovngarde woozies in High Hrothgar - which kinda takes the edge off my desire to finish out other stuff with the same character. But if I do all the other stuff I want to do before finishing the MQ, then the final battles with Alduin seem a little too easy because I've leveled up so high.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote