View Single Post
Old 03-19-12, 10:34 PM   #6
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Sounds to me like this Zimmerman was a bit an overzealous fellow and the Sanford Police kind of let him play his pretend to be a cop game.You can not say for sure but the 17 year old has no record of trouble at all why would he suddenly act violently something seems off.It sounds like this Zimmerman was convinced the boy was doing wrong and chased after him this man is not a Law Enforcement Officer and he was advised to stay in his vehicle "The police will handle it".

I think he approached the kid and somehow it got violent and the boy gets shot.From what I understand there where several witnesses that seemed to conflict with Zimmerman's claims I heard one of the 911 tapes on the radio on it you can very clearly hear a young man screaming for help no way that voice is coming from Zimmerman very disturbing.

Why did Zimmerman pursue this kid? It is clear that he was not armed in any manner Zimmerman could easily have just followed the kid in his car and wait for the police to show up problem if any solved.He also has been arrested for battery on a police officer and the Sanford Police trust this guys word?

Why do the police say he Zimmerman has a clean record even though he had been arrested before that is not a clean record.I think the Police tolerated Zimmerman because he had reported actual robberies before and though perhaps over overzealous (41 calls to the police in 3 months really?) they likely did not think that he would get involved in a highly questionable incident.

According to CNN I saw while flipping though the channels that the watch program Zimmerman is/was a member is not a part of the national system.I am pretty sure that they are not supposed to carry weapons.I think this is a case of an overzealous person with an itchy trigger finger and misunderstanding of laws.The no retreat applies only your home/residence or in or immediately around your vehicle not in a public location.

I understand that Florida Department of Law Enforcement is now investigating which implies that they feel that the Sanford Police are not doing a very good job.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote