Old 03-17-12, 04:38 AM   #948
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
@TDW,

One more thing "Material" related. I was tryiing to change my Rod antenna texture to avoid that feeling that it is the "same as periscopes" but obviously that material/texture is used for a lot of others sensors objects. So i need to change the attached Material (or must be able to create a new one ) to the round antena. This way i can use a exclusive texture only for it. But as it is now GR2 Editor donīt allow me to do this "simple" task. Any idea? Am i doing something wrong?
Creating a new texture won't work? Or many other materials reference this material as a map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
other way is to able to change just the texture of the mesh needed without change the other in the "tree" Please TDW

Edit : For the errors one exemple

If you change the diffuse map of the mesh you want , all works fine
(see in the "Meshes" menu -> select the Mesh->Subset->material and look in material to know how to "map number" is used)

But if you change the BumpMap ( relief ) in the editor you get not see the new one ,but just a "flat" one or not be loaded and when you look again in the menu "Meshes" the "material" is present !?
But that work ingame and in the goblin editor
I fixed the renaming problem. I knew that the Granny System hates duplicates of anything but I still went ahead and renamed the object vice creating a new embedded string for it. Now I create a new embedded string in the GR2 file for the object you change the name of. Now word of caution: everytime you rename an object I create a new embedded string in the GR2 file (even if it already exists). This means that if you change an object's name and then you go and change it again the first name is now 'orphaned' in the GR2 file (akin to memory leaks in windows).

Quote:
1. Also I noticed that the help menu is gone (when pressing "H")

2. the new material's edition isn't available for that light bulb issue. It continues without possibility to edit/change/add anything. I tried to use a new real dds texture for bec_submarine.dds (so, no changes on .GR2 files at all). The game reads it but it loss the light emission...then probably the light emission/color for this material is yet hidden somewhere.

3.About to change a texture (now the rod antenna issue), it don't work because a lot of others objects uses the same material/texture. What need to be made here is to change/create a new material only for the rod antenna.
The rendering of the text (key H) bug has been fixed. This bug happened when you had text being rendered (help screen or the likes) and you minimized the app and then restored it.

You have multiple materials referencing a given texture? Why can't you create a new texture and have one of those materials reference the new texture? Creating new materials I'll be working on in the next coupe of days.

Quote:
2.The files in question:Room_CR.GR2, bone CR_bec_sticla, matetrial 4-Default, cfg#498, bec_submarine.dds. (IIRC - I'm at my work now - anyway this bone only have one material attached to it)

3.Will be a great advance to we edit/change/add material and textures on SH5 models!
2. I'll take a look at these files

3. You can edit/change/add new textures currently. Materials are coming shortly.

Quote:
1. The "H" help key contend works at first but continues not be showing after you hide/show UI.

2. The clone bone function works, but not for the bone that iīm working on!!. Confirm here: file Rom_CR.gr2, bone CR_bec_sticla. It gives a error and stop the GR2 editor.

3. To solve the light bulb and the rod antenna issue (that iīm working on) we need to have the hability to add/delete a material for a bone. As it is now i can only change names (material and textures) but not really "edit" the material for a bone.

4. I canīt open the file UBoot_Sensors.GR2 without an error and automatically close of GR2 editor.
It says: "extendeddata unknown x is not 0x0!" (where x = 1, 2, 3...etc)
1. see above

2. I'll load this file up tomorrow and try to clone it to see what's going on

3. As I mentioned above I'll be working on adding new materials in the upcoming days. Deleting of anything will come much later (I have the code to do it it's just figuring out the correct order to remove everything that I need to figure out)

4. Problem is due to a multi-threading problem in the app. There are mutliple objects (thread) trying to read from one/many () variables all at the same time which is a problem. I have to narrow down the offenders and use locks on them. Because of this I have taken the app back to single-threaded (loading times will increase some).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
'New->Bone' stopped doing anything for me (the skeleton is selected). My bad?

When panning view with the RMB 'Edit' context menu always appears when you release right button, makes zooming a bit clumsy.
Fixed the New-->Bone problem. The problem appeared when I enabled the ability to clone bones.

The panning view RMB 'Edit' context menu has been removed from the render window.

More context menus and menu items have been added to the treeviews.

Fixed other errors I encountered while using the app.

Test version 1.1.116.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8z7tw2q9lpd7qiq
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote