View Single Post
Old 03-03-12, 10:58 PM   #13
AngusJS
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

I hadn't really followed Flight - I always thought that it would just be a rebranding of FS. So I opened this thread, expecting to see the new features and planes that would be available.

Then I read the SimHQ commentary.

So much for flying over the Aluetians in a Stearman. So much for flying from London to Sydney in a Gypsy Moth. So much for flying across Tibet in a Grumman Goose. So much for flying rings around Everest in an F-18.

So much for setting my own weather. So much for perusing the countless add-on planes and sceneries. So much for using FS as a way to see the world.

Microsoft has apparently decided that the whole time I was using FS2000, 2002/2004 and FSX, I was enjoying flight simulation incorrectly. They have determined that the proper way to enjoy flight simulation is to restrict yourself to one small island and one plane, and then pay them for the sceneries and planes that they decide you should want.

All the freeware plane designers can go to hell, as can the scenery designers and the mission designers. The payware developers can do the same.

Likewise, the untold thousands of virtual pilots from around the world can go to hell if they want to fly in their own locales, or anywhere else that isn't one #&$^@ island in Hawaii.

@#$% YOU, MICROSOFT.

AngusJS is offline   Reply With Quote