View Single Post
Old 02-15-12, 09:56 PM   #1114
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Magic will likely be the next tactic I explore and experiment with. I've already taken to buying up spellbooks - as opposed to just using whichever ones I find as loot - if only because it gives the vendors more coin with which to purchase whatever I'm trying to sell them. But, the more spells I have the more I can use here and there to up my skills. I don't see myself going full mage any time soon, but with the very real possibility that some boss draugr will disarm me with a shout, I'd like to have some decent magic to fall back on.

I'm already taking perks in Alteration (using Transmute regularly for crafting purposes has really helped me there) because I want to get to those Magic Resistance perks as quickly as possible. And it's likely that if I keep playing this character, physical combat is going to become a little too run-of-the-mill after a while. As Tak implied above, there's a point where even that can become overpowered if you have a combo of high damage enchanted weapons and high combat skills (not to mention high-level enchanted armor and assorted add-ons that let you take a lot of hits without getting in the danger zone where your Health is concerned). If it starts to feel that way for me I want the option of falling back on magic for a change and a challenge, but without the drawback of being so completely unskilled that I'm facing level 60 bosses with Magic skills that are woefully inadequate.
Aye, for one of my characters where it has started to feel a little too easy, my only "armor" is a mages hood, a belted tunic with no enchantment and boots which amounts to 0 armor. Works fairly nicely to keep me on my toes