View Single Post
Old 02-15-12, 09:50 PM   #1113
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Best setup for followers I've found so far is Max out Conjuration and get the spell Dead Thrall, revive a two necromancers (requires the perk that allows two followers) as well as get a follower that is a mage. (I haven't tried adding a dog into this mix a well, but it might work also). From there, when ever you get into combat, your two necromancers (or summoners if you're lucky, I haven't gotten any) will raise two undead. So that is now 2 undead, 2 necromancers you and your follower... against what ever your facing.

Nothing ever lasts long against me in this setup
Magic will likely be the next tactic I explore and experiment with. I've already taken to buying up spellbooks - as opposed to just using whichever ones I find as loot - if only because it gives the vendors more coin with which to purchase whatever I'm trying to sell them. But, the more spells I have the more I can use here and there to up my skills. I don't see myself going full mage any time soon, but with the very real possibility that some boss draugr will disarm me with a shout, I'd like to have some decent magic to fall back on.

I'm already taking perks in Alteration (using Transmute regularly for crafting purposes has really helped me there) because I want to get to those Magic Resistance perks as quickly as possible. And it's likely that if I keep playing this character, physical combat is going to become a little too run-of-the-mill after a while. As Tak implied above, there's a point where even that can become overpowered if you have a combo of high damage enchanted weapons and high combat skills (not to mention high-level enchanted armor and assorted add-ons that let you take a lot of hits without getting in the danger zone where your Health is concerned). If it starts to feel that way for me I want the option of falling back on magic for a change and a challenge, but without the drawback of being so completely unskilled that I'm facing level 60 bosses with Magic skills that are woefully inadequate.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote