View Single Post
Old 02-09-12, 08:03 PM   #1059
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
fact is you will see some of that stuff make it over in patches and DLC period.

If you watch the whole video basically they had a plan, designed a game and focused down on the main goals and knocked out an amazing game... then once it was released they of course had the game jam what your seeing is once again the creativity of the whole team going solo.

That being said its a company that charged for horse armor, I have NO DOUBT at all that the suits at beth are going to say keep that skyrim team together and knock out a bunch of those features... keep on milking our costumer base because they WILL pay.

And truth is, yep I will, damn right 4.99 for a dragon mount sure, 2.99 for mounted combat yep. I won't even complain you know why?

Because Beth isn't EA, they didn't add multiplayer in, or change the Elder Scrolls, sure Skyrim is dumbed down since Daggerfall or Arena, but what game isn't these days its a fine line between appealing to new costumer base and keeping happy your long time core player base. A line they walk well without hurting my love for the game, or them.

+Customer, I have no idea why I misspelled that twice.
Good post. I'll gladly buy any and all DLC for Skyrim on day one in order to support Bethesda as they've consistently done a great job with TES games over the years. That being said, I read an interview not too long ago and it sounds like they've learned their lesson from the horse armor debacle....

Found it. It was Ken Rolston, the lead designer of Oblivion. When asked about the horse armor:

Quote:
I innocently thought the horse armor was awesome.
Christiana, the lead animaotr then, LOVED horses. Loved them to pieces. And I thought she made a loving tribute to the glorious appearance of horses.

Okay. We didn't yet really understand how DLC work, and how users would use and value them. It was the Dawn of a New Age.

I love making money. But I love it when the user LOVES paying the money... when he gets as much pleasure from paying for his loot and he does for playing with it.
While he doesn't work at Bethesda anymore, I think the lesson was still learned.

Besides, they've already stated that the DLC for Skyrim is going to be few and far between, but they're going to be substantial add-ons. I would wager that some of that stuff is going to make it into an add-on in the future. I'm sure they had lots of good ideas that had to be shelved for later add-ons due to time constraints. I'm glad they narrowed their focus and got things (mostly) right.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote