View Single Post
Old 02-06-12, 10:39 AM   #949
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi_dan2987 View Post
Fire 1-4! off to the races, 4 fish in the water and screaming home. Looking good, looking good, clunk, dud, clunk, dud, torp 3 miss, torp 4 miss. He begins evasive maneuver and spotlights center on my periscope I mean I had this guy locked dead on, how could this happen?! I'm getting so frustrated with this crap, I have half a mind to go back to stock 1.5 can anyone please help me with this?
If you downloaded this mod to get historically accurate play, the problem with the dud / missing torpedoes is??

You need to read about the sub that fired TWELVE fish at a target dead in the water and every torpedo either passed under the target or bounced off the hull as a dud.

A lot of work was done to get the failure rate historical at different firing angles. If you want to know what the solution to this, read some history on it. The skippers came up with a not so easy solution that worked comprised of 3 steps.

Not being sarcastic here. Part of the fun is learning the history and about the "conspiracy" of the boat skippers to do exactly the opposite of what fleet headquarters SOP told them to do in order to get more hits and reduce the number of duds.

The ranging issue is something entirely different and do not have a solution for that one.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10

Last edited by swdw; 02-06-12 at 10:53 AM.
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote