View Single Post
Old 01-25-12, 08:59 PM   #24
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBear View Post
Just ended the 13th patrol yes 13 stil alive and shooting.

Main bug for me is the suply missions, realy hope someone can help you out with that one.
Like I stated before, I do not know of anyone that solved the problem. One did get them to drop supplies but CTD at Return to Base.
I thought on the first ships it was MC01 nodes but that didn't seem to fix it. I think it has something to do with the "Cmd Small Boat" in the sea file. It's class is "SpecOpsSmallBoat" and it uses the MC01_Boat characters. But I do not know the answer, so I just ignore the supply missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBear

If there is a bug with the main turret, leave it. It is frustrating, but that small thing keep you aware and make sure you dont get the "king of the seas" feeling.
I don't think it is a bug with the guns, the way it is set up I think the only turret that should be 'fixable' is the M01 which is the playable gun. since it is the only one in the upc file for the ship.

Quote:
yes mentioned before. More crew in crew manegement, with abit more compartments. Think the cleveland mod have what i would love for this ship. (cant you copy paste that one ??)
More crew is easy, just takes some time. New compartments is also easy but it means renumbering the entire UPC file, a lot of work for little gain. I did d/l the Cleveland (if it is the same one you are talking about.) and the only difference is that I eliminated the Aft torpedo room and he renamed it.

As for the copy/paste, I don't copy other people's work. And the Cleveland is built using US sub files and the Takao is built using the Uboat add on files. So a copy of the crew would be the wrong ranks, and a copy on the compartments would give the wrong equipment so it wouldn't work anyway.

Time is my big enemy right now and has been for a couple of yrs. I don't have the time anymore to spend on modding. I have an 89 yr old mother with Alzheimers and some medical problems of my own. I do the best I can. And I thank you for the input and kind words, and especially the testing you did.

Quote:
Hope you have more ships like this is the work shop. Personaly i love the Kongo, but in basic its a heavy cruiser with battleship guns, and the Takao are a newer design with way better specs than the Kongo. The Ise could be interesting, but again. The battleships are not fun to play through the entire war, to much shoot em up and to little caution.

TAKAO ROX!!! Dont spoil her
Actually I think the Kongo is my favorite and is partialy done, but the bridge need some 3D work as I mentioned to the Admiral. (But you know how Admirals are, they don't want excuses. ) Of course the Admiral knows I am joking, he has been SUPER supportive in the IJN Campaign and very encouraging. He has done a TON of research and found me lots of stuff on the internet. It was one of the first I did, and I actually put it into the "Battle off Samar" mission and called it "Kongo off Samar" and several times I took a lot of damage, and actually sank a few times. But that was a long time ago and before I knew anything about damage models.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote