View Single Post
Old 01-22-12, 12:55 AM   #3
Darkhunter
Watch

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd149 View Post
RA team is planning playable Bréguet Atlantic aircraft for the next release (1.35).
That's cool, look forward to it.

Guys, I downloaded DWEdit and have been fooling around with that. It seems pretty easy to do most of the changes I want to make, except I cannot figure out how to get the model changed. Can someone assist? I'm just trying to take the P-3 Orion model and replace with F-14 Tomcat. So far:

1. Went to "p-3 orion" in object editor, then went to "link to 3DObject" and changed all the low, medium, and high models to the respective F-14 Tomcat models. This is what it looks like:

It appears that's all I need to do from what I've read, but it doesn't work. I tried linking it with multiple entity dialogs but that didn't seem to work either. Should I be changing something with the object dialog? Am I even changing the models correctly? I'm likely missing something obvious, just can't figure it out.

Could use some guidance. Thanks

Edit 1: Appears Entity Dialog is strictly used for naming ships. Should not affect model.

Edit 2: I'm running the newest Lwami, could that perhaps be the problem? My game now crashes if I run stock DW -- error happens before intro starts.

Edit 3: Going to try replacing model on a fresh 1.04 install of DW and see if same problem persists.

Last edited by Darkhunter; 01-22-12 at 12:49 PM.
Darkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote