View Single Post
Old 01-10-12, 01:27 PM   #795
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
It's a shame that both the Blades were marked as essential. I would have slaughtered them both for their ludicrous command.
Yeah, see the thing about me is... I *like*dragons. I mean in RL, it's my Chinese horoscope sign, so I am one, and I've always been drawn to them anyway.

And in the game I feel like the Dovahkiin and the dragons are "kin" somehow, and I imagine that taking in all those dragon souls only intensifies that relationship, so I kind of imagine that eventually he/she will still kill them if necessary in defense of self and others or as a means to that end but maybe sheds a little tear over the necessity of being on hostile terms with such potentially noble creatures. Especially after meeting Paarthurnax.

That was quite something, when I first got to the top of TTTW and saw a dragon I attacked it with a shout immediately because I really didn't realize at first. I mean I suspected the leader of the Greybeards might turn out to be a dragon but I didn't know if that was him, or if he was going to be hostile to me and it would turn out to be a big boss challenge of some kind. So that whole experience, the way it turned out, was just delightful and very moving. No way I'm killing him... I would rather have the support of the Greybeards than the Blades in the long run. What are the Blades gonna do? Help me kill dragons? I'm already doing that without their help, thank you very much.

Edit: I just had a brilliant idea. I'm going to recruit Lydia for the Blades. This may make Delphine and Esbern stop speaking to me earlier than scheduled, but that's a small price to pay for not having her 1) spend most of her time poking around in my bedroom and 2) constantly get up and down from the same chair in my bedroom to greet me and ask me if I need anything when all I did was come in there to drop or pick up gear and change clothes. Seriously... SHUT UP LYDIA.

OTOH, there's this:

Quote:
  • If Lydia is recruited by the blades she may reappear in Whiterun (Wearing Blades armor) during the Battle for Whiterun Impereal quest. She then returns to her residence from before she was recruited.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 01-10-12 at 01:47 PM.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote