View Single Post
Old 01-06-12, 05:55 PM   #290
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Eventually.

My plan is to rip the guts out of this one, and do the Uboat side of SH4, focusing on just the type 9 and the indian ocean. It will tenateively be titled "TMO: Uboat Missions"

The install order will be:
1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
2_TMO_UboatMissions
3_TMO_UBM_overwrites

The idea is to
a.) Not have to reinvent any wheels.
b.) Keep both sides of the game accessible
c.) Keep file conflicts for Uboat specific tweeks to a minium, and keep them isolated.
d.) Keep uboat related stuff seperate from the main mod (TMO). It will make updating and uploading easier.

In fact I already started work on it. My JSGME looks like this:

Quote:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\games\sh4\MODS]

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
UI_GridMap
UI_Hud
Crew_Graph
SUB_LibraryDat
SUB_Objects
SUB_Cfg_UPC
SUB_EquipmentUPC
INT_ConningTower
INT_ControlRoom
INT_RadioRoom
INT_Textures
TMO_Sample_Emblem
Crew_UPC
CAMP_CoreLayers
SUB_Dat_sim
All taht is uboat related stuff. HOWEVER...... its on a back burner for awhile now. For now, Skyrim owns me, and probably will continue to do so for the next couple months.

So, dont hold your breath. It won't be for a good while. Besides, i doubt much anyone will play it anyway. The SH series to Uboat fans is SH3 -> Sh5. SH4 simply doesnt exist. So ultimately, im doing this because I want to, and ill get around to finishing it, when im ready to. (probably after i get burnt out from skyrim).

This post will be the last I speak of it. While im not a big fan of keeping modding information secret (IE. How to do stuff), I have learned that until your very far along on a project, its best to not say anything at all until you have something substantial to show people. The project can change, and burnout may set in, which only push's the project release back further. So don't ask me again, because i won't answer.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote