Old 12-24-11, 07:45 AM   #1236
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopie View Post
Fair enough Silent Steel!

I guess I'm just sorta saying that it's a shame there's somuch useful info for beginers buried in such a long thread.
I'm also amazed people like yourself have the patience to keep answering questions that have already been tackled five times before in this very same thread! (I sure appreciate that you do though!)

I just think there must be an easier way!

I once made the mistake of purchasing another Ubisoft title - Anno 1404; a rather complex city building game which comes with a Silent Hunter style manual, i.e. no instructions, the game was very much unplayable untill a found an unofficial Anno 1404 wiki . All the info was there for all to see from a simple menu and the info only had to be entered once. Real handy!

Has any one tried this already?
Hi again Troopie,

You say
'... I just think there must be an easier way!
... with a Silent Hunter style manual, i.e. no instructions, the game was very much unplayable untill a found an unofficial .... wiki. All the info was there for all to see from a simple menu and the info only had to be entered once.'

That would be great if it only was viable.
For stock it would of course be possible and should have been supplied with the game from start but...

As soon as you apply certain mods they adjust the 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\Commands.cfg' file for better functionality.
E.g. the various UI mods available and not only those ones.
The New UIs TDC by TheDarkWraith I think is the most advanced and developing at an amazing pace.

As most members here (AFAIK) choose to play with one of these UI mods a supermod would be the IMO best solution and I'm confident it's under way.

For those of our friends here in the forum who choose one of the other UIs maybe a mods lists proved working could be a convenient option.
I.e. for each of the UIs and why not in different sizes to suit various requests.
Check your PM for an example.

If you'd like to make your own keyboard layout this mod could be an option; JimiMadrid's Keymapper

Best

Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote