View Single Post
Old 12-18-05, 04:40 AM   #8
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

OK, excuse me because I talked out of my memory, as I don't have SH2 currently installed on this PC. Now I have checked it again with the PA installer and have noted the path it will install by default.

What I meant before:

When you start the PA installer, it will by default try to install at:

C:\Program Files\SSI\Silent Hunter II

But if you try to give it another path, like for example:

C:\Program Files\SSI\Pacific Aces

It will BY DEFAULT automatically try to create a "Silent Hunter II" folder, so if you browsed to your "Pacific Aces" folder, the installer will now be showing this line as install path:

C:\Program Files\SSI\Pacific Aces\Silent Hunter II

This is what you must avoid!! Because ot will create a "Silent Hunter II" folder inside your "Pacific Aces" folder, and install all the PA files in that subfolder, where the SH2 engine can't find them.

So, in conclusion and to make it easier, this is what you have to do:

-Make the clean install of SH2 wherever you want

-When you start the PA installer and get the porp up screen that says: "Destination Folder" "C:\Program Files\SSI\Silent Hunter II" and has a "Browse" button on the right, click that browse button, choose your desired folder in the mini-explorer window that opens and MAKE SURE that in the path set in the line on the top of that window the installer does NOT add a "\Silent Hunter II" behind the path of the folder you chose.

You CAN manually edit the path by clicking with the mouse on it, and typing or deleting anything.

When you click OK return and return to the previous screen, the "Destination Folder" should be something like "C:\Program Files\SSI\Pacific Aces", and NOT "C:\Program Files\SSI\Pacific Aces\Silent Hunter II"

Hope you get it working this time