View Single Post
Old 12-17-05, 03:02 AM   #1
steve_G2
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Installed Pacific Aces..but SH2 is no different.

Hi,

I've just installed Pacific Aces, but the game is no different, it's still the North Atlantic U-Boat game. I followed the steps below when installing PA, but there is no .exe file in the Pacific Aces/Sim folder. There is a file with the same submarine icon as the standard .exe file, but that just leads the the Pekin Flotilla U-Boat mission.

After installing Pacific Aces (and the PA 1.1 patch) two icons appeared on my desktop for the game. One now just causes a screen blanker, and the other searches hopelessly for sh2.exe.

Help!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B) Users of Subsim�s official package:

First make a clean install of SH2, and rename the folder to �Pacific Aces� or whatever name you prefer.
-Install the official 1.1 patch
-If you wish, you can now install Vicker�s mods ( PA does not provide this)
-If you wish, you can now install Projekt Messerswetzer ( PA does not provide this)
-Install the Pacific Aces mod from the executable utility, pointing to your �Pacific Aces� folder.
You are done!

In both installations you can create a shortcut on your desktop to start the game, pointing to the file �SH2.exe� that is located in the �Pacific Aces/Sim� folder.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
steve_G2 is offline   Reply With Quote