View Single Post
Old 11-27-11, 03:06 AM   #5
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

The shell or torpedo 'doing the damage' has to be able to overcome the AP of the zone in order to cause damage. i.e.: the AmmoDammageInfo controller's ArmorLevel has to be >= the unit's zone that it hit to cause damage
That last part is what I had a problem with back when I was building ships (yrs ago). People wanted them playable and it was kind of cool but when I did a BB, I could not figure out how you could possibly damage it without using planes with a bomb.
Since you are playing with a surface ship then torpedoes don't enter the picture. And using a playable BB attacking convoys, you would normally be attacked by Destroyers, usually with about a 5 inch gun. But the BB I was working with had an armor level of 85, but even a 16 inch AP shell has an armor piercing level of 65. MaxEF of 125 so it may do some damage but the DD with the 5 inch shell would never do any damage the way it looked to me because it only has an armor piercing level of 30. And if I changed the settings then every single shell would do damage and you wouldn't last very long since you would be fighting alone against several DDs.
So unless I am missing something, it was one of the reasons I did not continue with attempting to learn the damage mode. And I also moved on to other things.
Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote