View Single Post
Old 11-18-11, 01:58 PM   #31
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
I tried it some days ago but no luck. The results continued inconsistents, just small better than before. I never get that good result as if we had a real fix on the visual sensor.

hello Rubini ,

i made some more extensive tests and the results are DEFINETELY much much better with AmbientLightColor and ReflectLightColor setted to 0-0-0 (just for the testing purposes) .

i created a new mission with the target 'showing' us all of its hull (AoB=90) for being as easily as possible spoted . i have send you this mission (and something more) to test at your yahoo mail ,make a check there !

here is the results of my tests as for the detect ranges:

i run the same mission 10 times
on pure NYGM installation (no mods enabled and no tweaks at NUGM's files):

1. 8400 m
2. 13900 m
3. 10200 m
4. 13300 m
5. 14100 m
6. 12200 m
7. 13600 m
8. 13000 m
9. 11900 m
10. 10400 m

then i run the same mission again 10 times but with AmbientLightColor and ReflectLightColor setted to 0-0-0 and here are the results at detect ranges:

1. TARGET NOT SPOTED AT ALL !
2. 7900 m
3. 5600 m
4. TARGET NOT SPOTED AT ALL !
5. 2600 m
6. TARGET NOT SPOTED AT ALL !
7. TARGET NOT SPOTED AT ALL !
8. TARGET NOT SPOTED AT ALL !
9. 200 m
10. TARGET NOT SPOTED AT ALL !

so , as you can see , the AmbientLightColor and ReflectLightColor are definetely giving better results !

BUT i think that it is absolutely NESECCERY to start by locating what is causing this randomness to detect results and ELIMINATE this randomness during the development - tests (see the second pack results...there is one 7900 m !!!). that way ,we will be able then to have secure results as for the 'effectivness' of AmbientLightColor, ReflectLightColor and light factor's at cfgs files

check your pm at yahoo mail , i am very curius to see your results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
BTW, IMO, too dark nights in game will make the game (in ours houses) unplayable in normal conditions - i mean, during daytime, night with lights on, etc. So, I am not sure that using a so dark nights in game as unique solution (if it works) for vampire nights is a good solution. Will perhaps fix something but will narrow the game environment options to the players.
thats one other story that needs a lot of discussion Rubini ! point is this: are we after 'realism' ?...becuase if the answer is yes then you must not be able to see your nose during deep night (no moon nights). now, if you don't like the 'hardcore' dark envs then you (the player) will be able to see the ship at large distances....

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote