Old 11-16-11, 02:35 PM   #59
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkolo View Post
ghehe, that picture is brilliant
but, what's with him and ferrets? does he have a lingerie AND ferret fetish?
Seeing as how your new I'll tell you a short story some know but not all that many actually.

Go back 4 or 5 years during the early development work of The Grey Wolves (the one before the GWX versions) and I used to host the server for a voice comms programme called TeamSpeak.

The Grey Wolves Team (and a few invited others....such as Neal the SubSim forum owner, Hunter ICX and a dozen or so others on occasion) would meet regularly to discuss development work and swap files etc.

There grew a healthy cadre of flyers led by Hunter ICX in the main who played IL1946 on another section of the TS server.

Dowly was in both camps, both modding and flying but refused to use a microphone, in fact I believe there are only about three living souls who have heard his voice (in my case three words in total LOL).

This would often cause angst amongst us because we insisted to everyone who came on to TS it was called TeamSpeak for a reason....voice comms, so whilst we would be communicating amongst ourselves via microphone Dowly would be typing like mad in the text box trying to keep up with the conversation and often we would pretend to ignore what he was typing.

Ever seen someone trying to voice extreme frustration textually....tis a right scream LOL.

Some people were refused admission until they got a mic but Dowly was the exception.

One of the many nights the frustration turned to angst I lost my cool for a minute and instead of calling him a Finnish expletive beginning with the letter 'f' I was conscious of the fact there was one female and one young person on the server so I referred to him in a loud barking voice as a Finnish Ferret and the name has stuck since then.

Dowly was a talented modder and valued member of The Grey Wolves and someone I consider a friend...just don't tell him that

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote