View Single Post
Old 10-31-11, 12:10 AM   #188
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Version 1.0.335.0 released. See post #1.

This version fixes the offsets reported wrong in the FileHeader and InfoHeader debug output.

Fixed bug in the extendeddata recursion function where if an item had no subitems you would get an exception.

More error checking added in this version. As a result of some of this I somehow totally overlooked not reading ALL the pointers for section 0. All this time I thought I was reading them all but the error checker told me differently. When I did the math it was quite evident that I've been overlooking pointers in section 0. I will be looking into what these 'new' pointers do now.

This version will now read just about any GR2 file in SH5 (except for Undersea). That means it will now read the VIIA sub I know why Undersea will not read and it's because I found a small part of hard-coded reading of ArtToolInfo:ExtendedData in the app. I will fix this in the next version I was able to open air units, sub units, land units, and files in the \data\Library folder.

If you find a file that will not open please let me know (except for \data\Library\Undersea.gr2)

When looking over the Debug output if you see any offsets (or actual file positions) or values that look suspicious/strange let me know. I hope I've corrected all the errors in those. If you can, compare random items in the Debug output to the actual file and see if they match or not.

Next version I hope to have the ability to change just about anything in the extendeddata of an item coded in. I also hope to have coded in the ability to adjust properties of items also (position, rotation, color, etc.)

If I have time and haven't coded in too much (I don't like to add too much to each version) I'll start working on the exporter so you can rip whatever you want from the GR2 file. I plan on making the exporter rip to OBJ format for now. I plan on adding Microsoft's X format to it in time. Additional formats might happen depending on the information available on them (so I know how to make the format).

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 10-31-11 at 12:33 AM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote