View Single Post
Old 10-28-11, 02:45 PM   #2478
Depth Charger
Sailor man

Downloads: 205
Uploads: 0

[QUOTE=h.sie;1775195]@THOSE WHO MADE NUMEROUS (MORE THAN 20) TESTS:

Hi

I been struggling with something else the last few days and a clean install was needed.

Cant give exact numbers but I have done a few campaigns now starting in June 42 and from there on into 1943, I will get at least 3 or 4 chases out of about 5 or 6 missions. It is odd for me to have a mission where I cannot initiate a chase. It would also be fair to say that I am observing a median of about 80% in the field for being able to start a chase within a mission. It wont be every convoy, but I will find one if I look. (In the AL sweet spot)

Also, in regards comments re lost messages. I would say that about 15% of them are getting lost for me. I am assuming that your range runs to about 70/75 minutes because I have learned that late at night after about 10pm, the attack order will normally arrive and so if it is late, I delay sending the next contact report until I first get the reply to the previous contact report I sent, just in case it is the actual attack order. (I missed one once, only to watch my own party start without me...)

Lastly, turning a chase into a successful attack is about a 50/50 thing for me dependent upon things like when I pick up the convoy's trail, course changes, the weather, or me just being stupid by sending the wrong speed and heading data in the contact report.

So far the balance seems about right for me. As much as, I am loving the wolf-packs, the most important lesson that I am learning is that the workload for an attack is also enormous.

Now that I am used to it, an order to go in straight away and attack alone is just as good as an order to start shadowing the convoy. I would hate it if every convoy I found needed to be tracked for hours and hours and making every other sighting a chase could backfire...

Other than that, oh man, what a pleasure!

Kindest

DC

Last edited by Depth Charger; 10-28-11 at 02:57 PM.
Depth Charger is offline   Reply With Quote