View Single Post
Old 10-24-11, 11:08 PM   #179
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v1.0.294.0 released. See post #1

This version now reads all the embedded strings used by the file and then spits them out to debug output along with offset in file and actual position. The order of these is how they are read from the pointers. Kind of interesting. I needed this info to adjust my pointer definitions so that pointers referencing items after the end of the embedded strings would be defined correctly.

Redid the reading of the ArtToolInfo section to remove some hard coded items and because I learned more about it and where I thought things were were not. Still not happy with it (still contains a few hard coded items) so I'm still working on it.

Fixed items that we displaying incorrect offset in section and actual file position (mainly was the ArtToolInfo:ExtendedDataocumentContents:Elements items)

Added more error checking since I now know where the embedded strings start and end in the file. Error checking also added for start of ExporterInfo section (it's calculated based on the end of the ArtToolInfo:ExtendedDataocumentContents:Elements or I forget what the other one was - whether this is a special GR2 file matters also in this calculation)

Now tells you whether this is a 'special' GR2 file (that is if pointers come before data) in the debug output

Items that have subitems now use idention to make the reading of them easier in the debug output

The outputting of the ArtToolInfo:ExtendedData contents to the debug output has changed. Much easier to read and better information given

Still can't read the VIIA or Undersea GR2 files due to additional unknown data found in them. Still working on it.

Map enables/Map amounts now show the number of them in []s and also each entry shows it's offset in section and actual file position in the debug output

Corrected formatting errors in the debug output (some items had negative values - i.e. 0xFFFF___)

There are a few other things but can't think of them currently
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote