View Single Post
Old 10-15-11, 05:13 PM   #13
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Well, I know they have started reworking the FM on certain aircraft. The Se5 was overhauled fairly comprehensively in the last patch, for instance, and the general consensus seems to be that they nailed it. I expect other aircraft will benefit from this approach in the long run.

The D.Va is, I think, considered to be a bit over modeled. The DVII is thought of in much the same way. Likewise, a lot of people consider the Pup to be over the top as well but like Oberon I haven't actually found it that easy to fly in every situation.

I think the thing to remember about the various Albies, which ties in with what I know about them, is that they fly very well but are likely to get eaten alive by the later Allied aircraft that can push the envelope. They seem to be regarded as noob planes by a lot of people, which is probably a bit unfair. In general, the best aircraft in RoF are the ones like the DrI and the Camel which are incredibly unforgiving at first, but once mastered are very, very capable.

I have a similar view to you about 777's approach but I don't really mind paying the few bucks for a new aircraft now and again. Even without sales there are usually good discouts for buying mroe than one at a time and it certainly seems to be the standard model now in many other areas of flight simming. I draw the line at paying for the 'field mod' packs, though. I think they're way overpriced for what you get.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote