View Single Post
Old 10-12-11, 03:55 PM   #234
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

And my Pilot v.2.8 played a little joke. That happened after passing the Kiel channel already in the gulf where German destroyers are patroling the area (almost before the end of Pilots mission). When enclosing to one of the destroyers I recieved the message that both AI's are in contact now, the destroyer just stopped, and my Pilot just reduced speed up to 1-2 knots and TC from 32 to 1, but didn't change my course and have been slightly driving me just into the port side of the standing destroyer. I was curious and just watched what will happen, but when the distance between U-boat and ship was appr. 10 m I understood that miracle should not happens and ordered 'full reverse' manually (my balls are not as cool as they were dozen of years before).

I think that case was the only mistake of my Pilot, or that was the mistake of destroer's AIcaptain, and I hope BDU should clean up his RAM a little bit after that accident.

If serious the mod is great and the only thing to be desired is to make this automation 'loadable' in case the game could be saved with working Harbour Pilot and then loaded and continued with it running from the savepoint. Not sure it is posiible by now
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote