View Single Post
Old 10-09-11, 11:31 AM   #5
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
I have to admit i didn't like steam that much.... at first. All my friends were like, "just get it on steam", while i INSISTED to have the hard disk in my hands. After awhile though I gave up. The PC selection of games at the local electronics store has become less and less while the console section keeps taking up more and more shelf space. That's when i threw in the towel and accepted steam. Now i'm fine with it, and the sales are crazy.
As regular readers probably know, I was a long time opponent of Steam. It was becoming more and more obvious that I was probably going to have to stop playing anything other than hardcore wargames unless I got steam, but when Sports Interactive revealed that the next Football Manager would be Steam only I finally relented.

It's OK, Not great, not bad, just OK. I've buy most games as digital download now anyway, but the actual nuts and bolts use of Steam has never really worried me as much as the huge monopoly on PC gaming and sales Valve seems to be creating. But Ducimus is right: If bricks and mortar stores no longer want to support gaming that's fine, I'll just give my money to the company that does.

I still hate the fact that third party games bought as a hard copy still require you to sign up to Steam and their license before you can play it. Something about that arrangement just seem fishy.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote