View Single Post
Old 12-07-05, 09:59 AM   #12
Neptunus Rex
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealer
In previos post I mentioned that the new NVidia drivers solved the problems I was having with SC. SC worked fine after I downloaded drivers, but next day same old problems re-occurred. Then I realized I had shut off virus protection when I had installed the new drivers. Sure enough SC works for me now when I shut off my virus protection program (SBC Yahoo On-line Protection). When I have the anti-virus on and run SC I get the excruciatingly long load times and system hang-up when accessing 3D Options menu. With the anti-virus off those problems did not occur for me.
If I remember correctly, SC uses .mdb files and accesses same during start up. Virus Protection sees this as virus like activity and gets in the way. I would turn off real time protection while playing and you should be fine.

"In the spirit of reaching across the aisle, we owe it to the Democrats to show their president the exact same kind of respect and loyalty that they have shown our recent Republican president." A.C. 11-5-08
Neptunus Rex is offline   Reply With Quote