View Single Post
Old 09-08-11, 02:07 PM   #4
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Jimbuna,what I mean is I want a more fleshed out dive simulation.Sh family really sucks at this for various reasons listed here.

When you order crash dive,PD or normal dive the diveplanes are instantly rotated causing massive slowdown of boat and the issue explained below.

The instant rotation is bad why...dive plane drag is the highest factor in the angle of dive(speed of boat also).So if you want to crash dive with max angle listed on dive angle meter in boat(30deg)you set the diveplanes drag at 0.3

This is excellent and the boat really dives down super fast as you would expect a boat doing 8kts diving at a 30deg angle would.But the fact that the diveplanes instantly rotate causes some problems....the front of the boat dives and the rear stays surfaced when drag is at0.25....the whole boat instantly submerges when you set drag to 0.3 and then bobs back to surface stern high due to speed drop.At which point it then dives at the 30deg angle.Its terrible and could use some work.

Also,there is no difference in dive angle between normal dive and crash dive.Why even have it there....one sounds fast and the other is more relaxed but they both dive at same speeds.

So I guess that without a tweak to the exe nothing can be done.If the EXE is worked then we can have shallow dive angle after the tank is filled that then changes to the dive angle chosen.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote