Old 08-18-11, 07:31 AM   #108
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Oh ffs, Sky. Not this BS again.

Didn't we establish in the Shogun 2 thread (IIRC) that the issue was most likely
between the keyboard and the chair.
No, because you completely ignored what was described in problems and showed solutions that did not work the way you described them - which was no surprise since you ignored the real nature of the problem in the first.

Plus short time later I learned that the problems were raised by their server - not by his PC or connection. At that time the web showed many complaints of people unable to connect - for days.

I meanwhile have gotten his DVD (at his high age he does not expect to ever install it again ), and I tried it again last month, on my own and very different system with complete different connection. It installed, and then came an update, but this time I were not even able to laucnh a single session, because immediately it all bogged down again into a mess. After three attempts and all in all I think almost 10 hours of frozen or disurpted servers, I deinstalled it, deleted Steam manually. With a flawless record of total failure, I have no desire to ever touch this nonstarter again.

And if you skim the web, you see that I am not alone with this attitude - or these problems. By far not. He played it a few times, then it broke down. Me was not able to even play it a single time, it broke down immediately. Web holds many complaints of people not having been able to play their Steam games for even a single time.

That'S all message I need.