sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Default Re: how to add new flags to files called flag.dat & fla

Quote:
Originally Posted by strelnikov
Dear all!

sorry for question but ... does somebody know how to add new flags to files called "flag.dat" and "flags.dat"?

I made many new flags (for such countries as eg. Lithuania, Lotwa, Estonia, Ecuador, Chile, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, etc.) however I have a serious problem with adding them to orginal game files called "flag.dat" and "flags.dat" (of course my new .tga flags are in correct dimension, colour, etc.). I tried to make it with software like "UBISoft Texture Extractor" and "Timetraveller's SH3 Unpacker - build 1.40" but without positive results. Always every operation ends with information (more or less) as this: "Import failed: file is not a part of DAT file". This type of announcement appears always when my new TGA files with new flags having a different name than any of the textures included in the orginal game .DAT file.

However I see that some people know how to add it correctly - eg. Spain, Portugal. What kind of tools I need and/or how to do it correctly???
There are no tools for that. It has to be done by manual hex-editing by copying parts belonged to the same flag and changing digital IDs to make them unique. BTW many flags you mentioned are already included in the Nationality mod on my site.