Old 07-31-11, 06:29 PM   #682
Trasgu2010
Sailor man

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0
Thank You very Much Frau kaleun

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Yes, it's possible. Just install the second, third, etc. instance of Commander into different locations on your hard drive. I have three installations, one for three different versions of the game. I suggest creating new folders for the additional installations Commander, and naming them something that will make it easy to recognize which installation of Commander is being used with which installation of SH3.

As noted above, that is not only possible but IMO advisable. Any given installation of Commander can only be "pointed" to one given game installation at a time. If you want to use one Commander to run two or more versions of the game, you have to keep changing which game folder it points to every time you switch versions of SH3. Also, you may want Commander to enable different options for different game installations, so you'd have to keep switching those around as well.

Yes it takes up a bit more space on the hard drive, but if I've got a game installation that I want to use Commander with, it gets its own unique installation of Commander. It's a little more work in the short run, but a lot less work (and less opportunity for error) in the long run.
Trasgu2010 is offline   Reply With Quote