View Single Post
Old 07-30-11, 07:22 PM   #217
Rick Fortens
Watch

Downloads: 365
Uploads: 0
Default New member

Hello,
I understand I have to introduce myself.
So my real name is Richard Fortin. I am a Quebecer, so my native language is French and I’m trying to improve my English here (Is not so bad, isn’t It ?). I have already tried to contribute to Subsim but, first, I have little money and, second, I have once proposed a mod of my own to finally realised that it was already been done : is it something that was not already been done in that site ?
“How I have found Subsim ?” Because of the answer to the second question “what your favorite game is ?” ie Silent Hunter 3 and, before, 2 (not have the money to buy the machine able to run SH 5 yet). In fact, I visited site about U-boote and fall one day on this mod site.
So I have introduced myself.
Now, I would like to leave you on some questions, reflections and suggestions :
Do you ever noticed that this games (SH 2 and 3) entirely happen in the surface of an earth in a form of a tube with a diameter longer than the real one ? I realised myself that the day I tried to edit a mission reanacting the hunt for Bismark : the distances were to long, the boats have to run at impossible speeds (ex: 64 knots for the Bismarck). I mean, the length of 1 degree of longitude at 80 degrees of latitude is the same as the length of 1 degree of longitude at the equator. Is it something to do about that ? That’s one of the thing I have always wanted to change in that game. Another one is the number of beds in the subs: not enough at my taste and not enough also, I figure, in the historic reality.
Also, suggestions: is it possible to create a mod, an editor, that could help less gifted moders to change themselves things in files like “menu_1024_768”, etc ?
Finally, I’ll leave you on this: what’s would be really cool would be to be able to play on multiplayers mode with each and every player taking a role in the same U-boot; one the Kaleun, one the sound man, etc. That’s would be great !

Long life to Subsim and good sea.