pditty8811
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi,

thanks for your replies!

I have some ideas I want to test to see whether I can include mine-laying missions in the SH3 campaign. I'm aware of all the limitations, but I think (like andqui) that it would still be great if you could get orders for laying mines during a career. Especially early in the war there were quite a few mine laying operations. These operations were very dangerous (i.e., thrilling in a simulation ) and in most cases did not lead to any recognizable success for the u-boats (what made these missions even more annoying).

One might argue that because the mines have no real effect in SH3, being able to lay mines in SH3 is not crucial for implementing mine-laying missions in SH3. That's true, however, I think it would add considerably to the immersion.

@Canovaro: All links I've found are dead Does anyone still have some files in his private archive?

Cheers, LGN1
Well good luck to you. If you get it figured out I would love to add it to my game.

If you can figure out how to change the career mission objective parameters, and say there completed when you lay mines in certain areas perhaps we can take it to another level. Like recon missions, or rescue missions, or enigma missions. Stuff like that. I'm not sure where to start on how to change mission objectives in the career game. I know Flotilla.cfg has the grids for the flotillas. But just changing those to whatever you want wont mean they'll get completed when you lay mines.

-pditty8811