View Single Post
Old 07-08-11, 03:57 PM   #1
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127
[WIP] New Intro Images- Assistance Requested

I'm currently working on a set of images to replace the ones that appear when the game loads. If you're like me and only play the U.S. side of 1.5, you're probably getting tired of seeing that Nazi U-boat every time you play. Of course super mods like RFB and TMO change the image. And Webster has a mod that will change it too. But they still only have a single image that loads every time.

What I've done is chosen 565 images, representing all the sub classes in the game, plus the Narwhal and Tench added by other mods. I then edited them down to the proper size, and converted to dds so the game could use them. This is an example of one of the Balao images:

I then edited the Intro_logo_elem.dds, because if you're going to do away with the u-boat, you might as well not have to look at the "U-boat Missions" text either. This is the result:

While I could've just reverted to the 1.4 logo image, this way leaves a little more of the background image visible.

So with the images done, I'm to the part that I need help on. As it stands now, the only way to use the sub background images is to manually put them in the proper folder, and then rename one when you want to change it. Or 565 separate JSGME mods. Both doable, but not practical.

What I'm asking for is if someone with Windows programing capabilities (because I have none ) can write a program that will, randomly or in order, copy one of the sub images from its location to the proper folder, and rename it to Intro_logo_bkg.dds. Essentially something just like A Girl in Every Port, just using different folders and filenames.

Unfortunately I can't ask Digital_Trucker, the creator of A Girl in Every Port, because according to his profile he hasn't been on the forum in over a year.

So, is there anyone else here who can help? If so, please PM me.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote