Old 07-02-11, 10:25 AM   #1544
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0
Welcome SirBunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBunker View Post
I'm having severe issues with the Magnum Opus. Basically the core game and any random mods I've ever installed work fine with 50-60 fps at max settings (phenom x6 1090T, Radeon HD 5870, 8 gigs of DDR3) but with MO installed the framerate drops to 20-30 at first, and a minute or two later drops to 2-5 fps and makes the game almost unresponsive. I tried medium and even low settings and it's the same deal so something's not right.

I'm sorry if this is some obvious thing that's been solved before but I found nothing with my searches.

I've also had several of the mods included in MO installed seperately and they've worked fine, so I guess this is caused by some very specific mod in MO.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Well, let's try to sort this out.
Here at the forum there are no obvious solutions or silly questions. We're here to help each other. BTW, by far the best community of any kind I've ever been a member of.
Next time it could be you helping me out.

I recognize this problem. For me it turned out to be because both CPU and GPU are too quick. Sounds weird but it's a fact in my (and many others') case.
This makes your system all the time struggling to produce as many GPS/sec as possible. But as there are certain things in the game slowing down this struggle that gives a side effect which is this GPS jumping up and down.
The best thing to do simply is to tell the CPU to calm down and put a max limit to the GPS:s.

First - download this and try it;
http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/d3d_antilag101.zip

It gives you the option to limit the number of fps rendered ahead.
Just follow the instructions in the readme.txt, very simple.

I use these settings
RenderAheadLimit=3
FPSlimit=36

Works just fine for me and gives a smoooth picture.
If this doesn't solve your problem just get back here and we'll go on looking for the solution.

Once more - Welcome to SubSim.

/ Silent Steel
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote