View Single Post
Old 06-28-11, 10:19 AM   #1687
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
In my Assembler-Mod archive from earlier trials to mod buoyancy, I found an almost completed fix, which only needs testing and fine-adjusting:

It models water slowly leaking into the sub when in silent-running and thus pumps are not working. This is modelled by very slowly increasing the Sub's mass.

So if you order silent-running, in the first time nothing worse happens and all works well, but after some time the boat gets heavier and it's harder to maintain depth (Not implemented yet, but the LI could additionally inform you about that: "Cannot maintain depth - we must use the pumps" or similar - as in Aces of the Deep). So you have either to increase speed in order to get dynamic buoyancy or you have to stop silent-running. When silent-running is ended, the UBoats mass slowly decreases in order to model pumps pumping out the water.

This fix also models a negative overall-buoyanvy, so that GWX players will have negative buoyancy for very low speeds, similar to the NYGM Anti-Hummingbird-Mod.

I stopped working on this fix due to burn-out from modding some months ago, but it's almost done and needs testing and parameter fine-adjusting, especially:

* How fast does water flood into the boat?
* How fast do pumps pump it out?
* Shall the water flood in without any limit?

I will continue this fix after the wolfpacks, if I find some people willing to do some testing.

@Hitman: I know your suggestions were different a little bit, but positive buoyancy for low depths was hard and caused problems.
count me in H.Sie !
i will do the tests when you are ready to go for it ! just let me know when you are

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote