View Single Post
Old 06-19-11, 01:25 AM   #127
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes1994s10 View Post
Darkwraith, I clearly understand your candor, and why you would get upset about someone taking your code...however I would like to remind you, ALL game related changes to this game belong to the game creators. As an Legal representive of EA Sports, we have these issues all the time. If a modder makes something for the game...it is on the creative collective to put out there...which means, he does so of feel will knowing the creator of "MOD XXX" is not his/her property when he releases it. It becomes the property of the company who created the code to be modded.

Sincerely
J. Johnson
Johnson & Lawson LLC
I am struck by such statements!
In the case of sh5 ubisoft and it sounds ridiculous and unfair!
How can claim to have been done by proxy?
Ubisoft threw a crude product market, full of errors and omissions. Simply put - very low-quality product that does not meet the stated advertising. Moreover - ubisoft refused to support the product and stubbornly unwilling to correct its own deficiencies. But getting paid for this alpha version they do not give up and never give up! Ubisoft does not want to fix bugs but the game continues to get paid for it. Modders have thrown all their energies to eliminate errors. If after that ubisoft claim to modders products and more - will try to capitalize on this money - that's where it will be the highest injustice!
What kind of rights in this case is all about? Issue as some made product and receive dividends from a grant work by modders? No doubt about it - very clever! We say - "insolence - the second happiness!"
Suppose first that ubisoft will make a quality product, and then demanding money and the right to food modders!
Something like this. That is my opinion.