View Single Post
Old 11-15-05, 02:32 PM   #128
Dead Mans Hand
Sailor man

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

@M.Mira
Quote:
I am eagerly waiting for the promised posts of Abraham...
In my opinion Dead Mans Hand has been glorifying the SS and the whole Nazi-regime in Germany.
I'm glad you came up with (presumably) your own opinion on this topic, but find it sad that you cannot support it with your own ideas. As for glorifying the Nazi's, when have I supported the Nazi party?? There is a difference between a Nazi and a member of the SS, in that, one did not have to believe in the Nazi cause to be a member of the SS. Also, since I believe in being thorough, I again point to the fact that many members of the Kriegsmarine - especially those in elevated positions, were infact members of the Nazi party and I could say that your playing any game in which you assume the role of a member of the Reich's armed forces is your glorifying the Nazi cause - could I not? (To hopefuly quiet the protest on that, please remember in the SH and other series you assume command of Nazi war material and proceed to use it to further the Nazi war effort.)

Sidenote: All naval ships flew under the Nazi flag btw, were their crews entirely comprised of Nazi's? Given Abrahams concept of compulsary enlistment, which is one that does not consider the reprocusions of not enlisting in the Third Reich, that means all the sailors chose to sail under the Nazi flag, making the Nazi's - because anyone who was German and fought in WWII was apparently a Nazi (as this is what you are saying about the SS)

Also: If your comment about my being pro-Israel is to say you're against (it) and support the Palestinian cause - please clarify.

@August
More juvenille comments? C'mon. Some things for you to think about:

1.) You have not responded to the documented history of American war crimes, in many instances this is considered concession.
2.) You have not responded, realisticaly, to the concept of American troops being willing and/or eager to kill in the name of country or for their own motivations - except for saying (and this is paraphrased) "Well, ge wilikers, they wouldn't do that."
3.) Everytime I bring up something you do not have a response to, you try and find something to insult me with, in hopes to discredit my arguement by discrediting me in your and/or your peers eyes - or atleast that is what I gather from your behavior thus far.
4.) I don't acknowledge the existence of war crimes for many reasons, including the only judges are the victors themselves, so don't think I'm saying our armed forces are bad - I support them 100% and as for Vietnam - if a village supported VC and nullifying it (by any means) was deemed neccesary I'm fully behind it - however by your definition that is a heinous act. So in that scenario it would be you against our troops. Not me. That is assuming you apply the standards which you are applying to the SS universaly, which if not invalidates your argument on the grounds of bias.

@Abraham
Bear in mind you know nothing about who I am. I am not getting defensive merely pointing out that my motives, geneology, and other details relevent to why I support Israel are not and most likely will not be disclosed on this forum - as personal information is utterly irrelevant to this debate. I am not, nor have I, nor will I, support the Nazi idealogy in anyway. I will say Hitler was a political genius and was a master writer/speaker. I will say that Himmler was an aboslute nutcase and was probably more depremental than anything. I will say, that the SS was comprised of some of the fiercest military units of our time. But I do not base this on their idealogy, I base it on what they did on the field of battle and how they did it. Their reprisals were harsh yes, but they responded with unflinching totallity. I for one respect the fact that in many cases they asked nothing of who the people where, why? Because justice does not care. Many militaries under many flags have acted the same way and present the same basic attitudes. It may be hard to understand, but I respect honesty and totallity more than whimsical and unsure methods. I support Israel's bulldozing of Palestinian "houses" that are used by Palestinians intent commiting acts against Israel more than I suppor the U.S. chastizing Israel and turning a blind eye to Palestine.

*Note: If you're insuating my support of the SS bears any anti-semitism, I resent that. If you cannot be objective - that is unfortunate, but to not hold me to your emotional standards.
~Nothing\'s illegal in international waters...~
Dead Mans Hand is offline   Reply With Quote