View Single Post
Old 06-02-11, 12:18 PM   #1394
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

In V15G, a status report to the BDU will have more than the 2 (?) well-known monotonous responses. Based on Stieblers BDU-Congratulation mod, I added some more responses and also some randomness, so that it will be as follows:
  • You get 6 different congratulations depending on the amount of tonnage sunk.
  • If you have negative tonnage (neutrals sunk), you get a warning.
  • If you have no tonnage sunk, with a chance of 50% you get a motivation to be more aggressive. With a chance of 50%, you get a random BDU-response (see below).
  • If the pressure hull is heavily damaged, with a chance of 50% you'll be ordered to home base. With a chance of 50%, you get a random BDU-response.
  • If fuel is lower than 33%, with a chance of 50%, you'll be ordered to home base. With a chance of 50%, you get a random BDU-response.
  • If you have less than 5 torpedoes, with a chance of 50%, you'll be ordered to home base. With a chance of 50%, you get a random BDU-response.
  • If none of the above conditions is true: You get one of 8 random BDU-responses.

I will put 8 random BDU-responses into en/de_menu.txt, but these can be edited by you if you prefer different BDU-responses.

These random BDU-responses have no function, they are "ear-candy" only. Ideas so far are:

"U-(randomnumber) is lost"
"Give a weather report as soon as possible"
"Patrol further south/east/west/nord"
"Patrol further course (randomnumber)!"
"Keep up"
"Return to base as situation permits" (???)

Any other ideas for messages that fit any situation?

Last edited by h.sie; 06-02-11 at 12:38 PM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote