View Single Post
Old 06-02-11, 09:28 AM   #2
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
is there a career playable british submarine that can be used in the OM uboat game? I want to go after the Bismark.
Yes both U-Class and T-class boats are avaliable, but as far as I know, only Med and Pacific theatres.
I think the North sea campaign is WIP at the moment, so if anything you might get a chance to sink Tirpitz in one of her well protected Fjords
The main British ocean going submarine, (the T-class) could only manage about 14 knots surfaced, good luck catching the Bismark in that thing

British Submariners rarely ventured out deep in to the atlantic since there was nothing much for them to do there. The only Axis targets offered by the Atlantic would be Uboats and the very occasional commerce raider or supply ship. Coastal Command and the Royal Navy surface fleet were better equipped for tackling these kinds of units.
So the RN subs were mostly kept busy in Malta and the North sea bases where there was plenty of axis supply lines for them to hunt down.

Your best bet is maybe this: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=141631

Last edited by JU_88; 06-02-11 at 09:46 AM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote