View Single Post
Old 05-31-11, 01:48 PM   #4
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

I am not saying the ex Marine was guilty but military service does not mean that a person is going to be law abiding while they are in or out of the military.There is a reason that we have military police after all.It is curious though that the man had body armor and a Border Patrol hat things that those working for cartels also often have.I find more than one set of body armor odd as well why all the gear?The evidence is questionable I do not know many ex military guys that have law enforcement gear unless they work in law enforcement and I know none that have full body armor the weapons sound normal for an ex military sets of body armor and police gear when not employed as police(law enforcement) combined is not normal.It sounds to me like this story gets attention because the suspect was ex military and had been in combat those tow things do not exclude the possibility that Guerena may have been involved in criminal activity.Some of this story is fact much of it is assumption until more information is provided.It is unfortunate that Guerena died this way it is even more saddening to me that it is possible that this man may have chosen to lead a life of crime.

Not sure I agree with the number of rounds the rule of thumb is also fire until the threat is suppressed.One of the terrorists that the SAS killed during the Embassy raid back in 1980 was hit 70 times in a CQC situation lots of rounds are going to fired and hit.Clearly those SAS men where far better trained than a SWAT team is if only 4 men fired that is 5.5 rounds of the 22 that hit 4.4 if 5 men fired not that high in a CQB there are 4 or 5 men that could have fired from the view we can see and you say 2-5 rounds from this many 22 rounds is within those limits.Flash bags are not always used either I have a friend who is a cop in Baltimore he and others have had to serve high risk warrants without flash bangs many times.

I think the 100 rounds is an exaggeration he was speaking figuratively not literally.
I dont really like the view of the article it does not prove that Guerena was not involved in the Cartels it just says that no drugs where found in his home.But hwy did he do what he did
when you can tell that it was made very clear that the police where outside? Was he involved in the cartel and realize that he was trapped choose go down?Was he suffering mental illness and though truly not involved in crime choose this way to die?What reasons did the police suspect that he was a Cartel ripper? they must have been fairly strong to have gained a warrant.

Last edited by Stealhead; 05-31-11 at 02:17 PM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote