View Single Post
Old 05-30-11, 09:14 AM   #1367
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

@irish: Thanks. I meant that I have to check via programm code if there is an U-Tanker near the Sub. If so, the message should be "refuel at the U-Tanker". Otherwise: "Go back to harbour". So far I don't know how to determine the presence of an U-Tanker via program code. Or......do you mean that I should not consider U-Tankers at all because they are rare and/or already sunk?

@NGT:A lot of problems, only a few solutions:

Destroyers shooting at own merchants
: Changing this would require to change the destroyer AI. This is not possible for me at the moment. Yesterday I located AI routines in SH3Sim.act, but that finding is by far not sufficient. Easy solution: Don't look at that battle behaviour in detail (with external cam?). In RL a kaleun surely looked through a peri only for a short timespan for aiming purposes. I think he didn't see details.....

Aircraft ignoring each other: Also an AI change (see above).

Heavy flak against ships: Maybe possible -> Added to Todo-List!

Radar on/off. This is maybe possible. -> Added to Todo-List!

Savegame CTD: I never had any CTD, but the reason might be that I never played a serious career so far. But since I plan to do so in the next time, I try to avoid CTDs (related to Sergbutos AI-Subs) using the following workaround: I installed a boot manager on my PC and installed a second Windows only for playing SH3. When I pause a career, instead of saving it and shutting off the PC, I switch the PC into hibernation state (while sh3 runs) and reboot, in order to use the other system for working, surfing, modding. When I continue to play, I reboot and wake the system from hibernation. No savegame reload necessary. A whole career without saving and risking CTD, even when submerged or during a battle or near a convoy. Disadvantage: SH3-Commander RandomizedEvents won't work, so maybe a compromise is the best solution: Saving in non-critical situations and hibernating/freezing the system in critical situations (e.g. battles).

Last edited by h.sie; 05-30-11 at 12:46 PM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote