View Single Post
Old 05-29-11, 07:09 AM   #1354
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

@LGN1: I had the same idea, but I think, random messages are only "ear-candy" and thus not of highest priority. In my opinion the messages must be really gameplay- and patrol-relevant and must agree (and may not conflict) with the main order one gets at the start of a mission.

To collect all relevant data (crew morale and health, damage status, course of enemy convoy?) is maybe possible but very code intensive and it's also a lot of work to generate the correct BDU response from that. Is it worth the effort? Are there things of higher importance?

My gameplay experience is too low (equal to zero to be honest), so I wouldn't even know how to start to mod these messages, so I need CONCRETE ideas in pseudo-code how to mod messages (e.g my only idea so far and already programmed for Stieblers BDU-Messages V2):

en_menu.txt:
4197=Message received. Continue patrol ....

Idea in pseudo-code:

If (HullIntegrity < 50%) THEN
4197=Return to base
ELSE
4197=Message received. Continue patrol ....
ENDIF

-----

I often see myself thinking about what we have so far: We have Sergbutos Wolfpack Uboats, and we can now change BDU messages. Maybe it is possible to clone and modify the AI of Sergbutos Wolfpack Uboats?? I think you know what I mean: A huge project, maybe without any success.

h.sie

Last edited by h.sie; 05-29-11 at 07:25 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote