Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo78 View Post
Very nice!

Btw. what environment mod do you use?
Overwater and underwater env looks quite good, especially on the mine shot.

And... do you think about reworking the swimmers of the subnet? they look quite sh3 stylish...
The pics with the net and the mine are enhanced a bit just to give a better view of how they looks like.

I 100% agree on the aspect of these stuff and is a big concern for me. I dont wanna use any old low polygon stuff from SH3, but we have no other options so far. If anyone can give me a tutorial about how to rework the textures, or wanna jump in and help with those.. would make me very happy as I already have my hands full with placing these stuff in the campaign engine.

Biggest problem right now is the small boat, it looks very ugly as it is now freshly imported from SH4 by TDW. Same with the dolphins. I will try to enhance the textures of mines and the net floaters, but Im lost on the boat skin.

Hopefully in the meantime Iambecomelife will manage to import at least 1 merchant from SH4, so I will place that too in the campaign. But there will be also a lot of work to fix the texture of the ship.

This mod also improves the campaign objectives. I was about to remove the carrier hunt in Total germany and replace it with another mission .. but I had few interesting readings about a incident where Ark Royal was really hunted and was recorded an attack on the ship SW of England. After that incident the royal navy removed the carriers from the HK groups. So actually, that is a historical mission and not just a fantasy. Thats why I did not replaced the mission, but I made the carrier to report her position a bit much more .. is like Bdu giving you more intel on the ship location.

Added the historical german taskfroces sailing to Narvik in Op. Weserubung, so the player will have the chance to see them hitting Bergen, Trodheim and Narvik on the exact historical date. When these guys will enter in the Norvegian waters/ports, there should be a lot of smoke if they encounter any resistance. You just need to be in the right place at the right date to see them. No way to travel with them as they sail with 32knts +