View Single Post
Old 04-16-11, 02:36 AM   #6
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280
Uploads: 0

instead of trying to describe the tank I always envisioned, I decided to use MS paint and show every one here.

from the front its profile would resemble a Leopard 2a6, but with the sides of the turret sloping inward. its perhaps more of a modern design but its inspired by the Maus and the M10, and perhaps something else thrown in there, maybe the Leopard.
the gun is a 150mm artillery piece, modified for AT use. its powered by a 2 whole diesels, but in reality they are 4 diesels that were welded together in pairs to produce the output this thing needs. they run along the sides, while the driver sits between them. ammo is stored in the back, with a regular battle load in the turret.

a bit more modern considering this is WWII tank designing. (lets not forget its done up in NATO colors!)

I'm also thinking of a "turret lock" that would lock the turret at 0 degrees. if the tactical situation calls for a rotating turret, the commander or gunner can unlock the turret. its really kind of a low-slung tank.
I like things that are long and low. My favorite design is the S-tank :P
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote