Thread: Fml :/
View Single Post
Old 04-03-11, 06:46 PM   #1
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0
Default Fml :/

There are times when SH5 Screws up, bad, when it comes to Ai behavior. This....is one of them

I approached a convoy of about 8 destroyers and 15+ merchants. so i start to sneak in, just beyond the destroyer screen to fire my acoustic torpedoes.

before this i had sunk the Nelson and about ~75000 Tons of Merchant shipping so far.

So i go in, tiptoe past the destroyers and blow my load. First 4 run clean. After a minute or two of Riposte Battlestations reloading, i fire the next salvo. All running great.

But at about 1 KM they start to listen. Every last Torpedo 180s and shoots right back for me. By then there were destroyers near me. So i figured that they are trying to sink the destroyers. But the to destroyers converging on me were at bearing 70 in relation to me, and all my torpedoes were bee-lining right for me. At about 500M i order all stop and dive.

But even as i slowly sank down, they were still coming RIGHT at me. i order hard to port with whatever knottage i had left. but they still wouldnt let up. But then they made a sharp turn towards the 2 destroyers coming right at me. I restarted the engines and tried to maneuver to avoid Dc's. Two torpedoes hit one destroyer and sank it.

But then ,the torpedoes sharp turn and head towards me AGAIN. I Cut the engines, and then the torpedoes turn again and head for the destroyer.

this goes back and forth for a couple minutes. But then i go up to periscope depth and start to try and just run away. following the same pattern the torpedoes start heading to me again. i all stop when theyre about 700 meters away.

but they dont let up this time. they start to close. 400.....300...200 i crash dive, and get to about 19 meters when 4/8 torpedoes hit me and completely obliterated my boat.

so this was obvioulsy a glitch. In all the times ive used acoustics, theyve never come back to chase me at 1 KM, and certainly dont try and kill me. plus i was at 19 meters and they still sunk my uboat. anyone else have problems with them?

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote