View Single Post
Old 04-02-11, 01:22 PM   #3
Depth Charger
Sailor man

Downloads: 205
Uploads: 0
Thanks!

Evening

I downloaded SH2 onto my netbook a few months back and I think that you will all understand what has happened to me since then as I began to play it more and more...

In fact, I loved it so much that I ordered a really nice PC to run SH5 on, which arrived this morning...

But I then read the forums and I felt that SH3/GWX etc = no brainer and decided to go that route instead and will watch SH5 for later. (After a few months on SH2 - you can only imagine my sheer desperation for a proper campaigne and a career to follow with port departures and promotions not to mention that gramaphone!)

So today - I downloaded what appears to be a DRM free version of SH3. I then followed all advice and instructions in this and the other forums to add all the usual mods and I thought that you would like to know that I dont need any help at this juncture. None at all...

In fact, it is all working perfectly and I put to sea a few hours ago and am currently heading into the North Sea on my first patrol.

I cannot begin to thank all of you for all that you have done here. I am an experienced simmer and played flightsim many years ago and I am pleased to say that I am also quite impressed with all the goodies that I am finding on your guys site! SH is clearly supported by a dedicated and professional user community that encompasses some excellent skills - All I can say is "Wow!"

Lastly, please forgive me if I dont respond to any replies for a short while but as you can imagine, I am headed into a very very long and eventful evening. In fact, I seriously doubt that I will get to bed before tomorrow night. Ah cool!

Thanks again and a small donation to Subsim will follow shortly. It's the very least that I can do.

Depth Charger

PS - Phere is in fact one place I could use a bit of help please - How do you attach a tag line to your posts? Einstein once said that genius had its limits, but that stupidity knew no such boundires...
Depth Charger is offline   Reply With Quote