View Single Post
Old 03-19-11, 12:13 PM   #3
UBOOT_fan
Bosun

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeadler View Post
The numbers are the angle of the light source (sunlight) to the center of the 3D scene. 90 means the sun is around 90 degrees above you = noon.

Correct, negative values are for night times, the light source is below the horizon.

Because in this 3D engine it makes no more difference whether the light source is now -15 degrees or -60 degrees below the horizon, from -15 degrees the values ​​for SkyTopColor/SkyBottomColor are always 00000000 = black

The 3D engine interpolates the sky color from top (above) to bottom (horizon) between the hex color values SkyTopColor and SkyBottomColor
Thank you for making those clear now for me. So...the "blackness" of the texture is depending only of those two values, the combination of those (hexazecimal texture shades in fact as I see it) two values only (skytop color/skybottom color).

UPDATE

I discovered now the issue, at the section with -15 degrees , for night there is all 0000000, meaning pitch black. Now I got it. I changed those values and I solved the issue. Thank you for cluing me in

Last edited by UBOOT_fan; 03-19-11 at 12:51 PM.
UBOOT_fan is offline   Reply With Quote