View Single Post
Old 03-12-11, 10:36 AM   #3085
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kyster View Post
What monitor do you have? Because I can see both waves, horizon and bow of boat in your first shot?
Mine were shot at 21:00 and 03:00, yours is at 00:30 - maybe that's enough to make a tiny difference in the darkness.
Using an ATI 5970 and Philips S240 btw.

The colour/smoke thing may be two things.
One could be the change of mipmap detail level as your range closes - or it may be your graphics card switching speed...
The latter can only be solved by some BIOS editing of your card, but the first one may be reduced by changing the clipdistance in the camera.
I totally removed all flickering in TMO 2.1 by using a value of 0.25.

Mods? Besides TMO 2.1 only some slightly 'flavoured to taste' things... but perhaps my scene settings may help you?
For a test it's uploaded here, JSGME ready: http://www.mediafire.com/?sar18n4d8v9m8ra

The "Less glow" mod only reduces the white dots around hulls in water, not changing brigthness.

/edit - just saw this:

You most certainly should use your monitors native resolution! And it is selectable in SH4's Graphics Option...
No time is not a variable as for the darkness. For me in TMO the horizon is blot over by darkness up and down. Go up and you can finally see sky, go low and you can finally see waves but there is a noticeable difference between your screen and mine.

When I play OM my nights look exactly like yours and brighter with a moon.

The white smoke was not present before 2.1 arrived and neither was the black horizon. Of course I guess I could uninstall the mods and check again but that takes the better part of an hour to unload and reload mods.

I'm still not understanding how you can't tell the difference between mine and yours. In your screen I can clearly see water and waves all the way up to the horizon and the a drastic shift in color for the sky. In my pic the closer you get to the horizon you stop being able to see water and waves and the line is huge.

Again the fact that OM nights are normal tells me this is not hardware related

EDIT: Ok out of game going to load up screens from OM and TMO

EDIT2: Ok there Pic 1 is OM see the nice easy and clear Horizon.

Pic 2 is TMO 2.1 see the big black hazy mess that blends the horizon and slowly dissipates as you get closer to the sky or closer to the ocean? Pic 2 is not normal.

EDIT3: My Monitors native resolution is 16:9 it is a 19in Widescreen True HD from Dell, on my Dell Inspiron E1705. The only 16:9 resolution I can select in SH4 is the 1920x1080, but my hardware can not run the game like that.